- Alateen’s Purpose
- Alateen – Is it for you?
- The Alateen Twelve Traditions
- Al-Anon’s Legacies – Steps, Traditions, Concepts and Warranties
- Alateen Sponsorship, Is it for You?
- NCWSA Requirement for Alateen Member Safety
- Alateen Express is a newsletter published by the Alateen Members of Northern California.
By sharing their experience, strength and hope, Alateen members learn that alcoholism is a family disease that affects all members emotionally and sometimes physically, even themselves. The purpose of Alateen is to help each young member of the family understand that there are solutions that the Alateens themselves may use.
Alateen is different from adult meetings in that the meetings are conducted by the Alateen members. Adults may attend only with the permission of the Alateen members. But there are one or more adults in the room called sponsors, who help by assuring that Al-Anon principles are known and used during meetings.
NCWSA has established an NCWSA Requirement for Alateen Member Safety. This document outlines the principles and actions that Alateen groups agree to abide by. This requirement sets requirements to select sponsors and lists behaviors that adults and Alateen members must abide by as a condition of being an Alateen Group.