Alateen is part of Al-Anon, which helps families and friends of alcoholics recover from the effects of living with the problem drinking of a relative or friend. Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon members, usually teenagers, ages 12 to 19, whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking. Ala-Kid is for children between the ages of 6 and 12. Alateen and Ala-Kid groups are sponsored by Al-Anon members who meet the curret NCWSA safety requirements and have successfully completed a background check.
Younger people come together to:
* share experiences, strength, and hope with each other
* discuss their difficulties
* learn effective ways to cope with their problems
* encourage one another
* help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program
* learn how to use the Twelve Steps and Alateen's Twelve Traditions
View the Alateen & Ala-Kid meeting schedule.
Alateen and Ala-Kid meetings abide by the NCWSA requirement for Alateen member safety.