Instructions – How to Submit an Event
Your submission will be reviewed by our Area Alateen Safety Person and perhaps others as required before it will appear on the Al-Anon and Alateen NCWSA website. You may be contacted if revisions need to be made to the flyer before posting. This is a volunteer organization. Please allow at least 2 weeks processing time.
Your event will be posted to the NCWSA website Calendar of Events if the event is within the NCWSA Boundaries of Northern California, or is a regional event where the region includes Northern California area, and national or international events sponsored by the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., as well as Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. when there is Al-Anon participation. For example, PRAASA and SWRDM can be included on the NCWSA Calendar of Events, since, although they have different boundaries, both include Northern California and they have Al-Anon participation.
You will be sent an email when the event is posted, asking you to verify that the posting has been done correctly.
For special events, please include:
- Event name and type (e.g. Al-Anon, Alateen, AA with Al-Anon participation
- Hosting entity, e.g. District, AIS Name or other type of event
- Date(s) of Event (include year)
- Day(s) of week
- Place name
- Street address, city and zip
- Details of the event
- If the event includes specific mention of Alateen, such as an Alateen box on registration, an Alateen speaker, Alateens selling refreshments, tee-shirts, etc., then also include:
- Names of the two currently certified AMIAS who will serve as Alateen Sponsors at the event – even if your submission is just an amendment to a flyer.
- The following Alateen member safety statement on the flyer: “The [name of conference, convention or event] abides by the NCWSA Requirement for Alateen Member Safety.”
- The safety plan: steps that will be taken to ensure Alateen safety.
Reminder: If the event does not INVOLVE or specifically invite Alateens, we suggest that the Alateen member safety statement NOT be included on the flyer. If you put the word “Alateen”, the red Alateen logo, and/or the Alateen Safety statement on your flyer, whether or not Alateens are involved, you MUST have a safety plan in place and you must include the two AMIASs that will be at the meeting.
For District or AIS business meetings or events that occur on a regular basis (like speaker meetings), please send this information:
- District, AIS Meeting or Event
- Day of week
- Cycle (example: 1st Sat. of every month)
- Time of meeting
- Regular place of meeting
- Address, City, Zip
- Contact person (no last names in email, please)
- Phone and e-mail
Regularly scheduled events are published on the NCWSA website. Please check this information periodically. The DR or AIS Representative is responsible to send this information to NCWSA.org.
NCWSA-hosted events, such as the Convention, Assembly, Sponsors R&R, and NoCAC (Northern California Alateen Convention) are the only events published in The Twelve Stepper. Please also send information to the 12 Stepper Editor on the Contact Officers
Please attach flyer(s) below.
Other Ways to Contact Us
. Comments, questions and corrections are always welcome. If you notice a broken link or other technical problem, please let us know.
. Contact the specific Officers elected to provide service to Al-Anon in the Northern California World Service Area (NCWSA).
Contact Coordinators & Committee Chairs
. Contact the specific Coordinator or Committee Chair elected to provide service to Al-Anon in the NCWSA.
Find a Meeting
in your area.